I didn't make it to Japantown this weekend. But I will get up there soon and if I buy anything noteworthy, I'll post it here, don't worry. I had a weird slow/busy weekend. I didn't leave my apartment much. But I did some much needed cleaning and sorting. Clean Sweep is a good motivator for that. I still have piles to go through and I'm sure that most people wouldn't notice if they saw my place, but I noticed it. I brought in a huge armful of magazine for the lunchroom at work. And I still have a whole pile to go through at home. I was recently added to three new magazine's mailing lists. How does this happen? weird.
Have you ever watched a movie or TV show and heard a song that made you fall in love with it instantly? And then you try to find it in the credits and you can't? And you mean to look it up online but either you can't or forget to but you randomly hear it again and it's like finding an old friend. When the song lives up to your memory it's so wonderful. That happened to me yesterday. Ever since then I've been constantly listening to In the Sun by Joseph Arthur which is on the Hear Music #2 and I think was in the movie Saved.
And now, in honor of Secret Pals 4, more than you ever wanted to know about me & my knitting habits....
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I’m a softness snob. As long as the yarn feels nice, I don’t care what the label says.
2. Do you spin? No thank you – I’d never finish anything then!
Crochet? Only enough to do edging. I took a class once and would someday like to do more.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)Nope.
4. How long have you been knitting? 3 ½ years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not yet.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)For a long time I was stuck on Lily of the Valley candles & Crabtree & Evelyn products. Bath products – anything that isn’t too heavy. I like lighter or fresh & clean scents.  Candles - anything
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Absolutely
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Anything crafty. I started out sewing when I was quiet young and keep wanting to get back to it. My fabric stash is quickly outgrowing my yarn stash.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I think music is one of those things where I say I like one thing but really like another. Instead of putting a name to it, I’ll here’s what I’ve been listening to a lot lately. The Garden State Soundtrack, Hear Music #2, Maybe this Christmas :P, I just got an Ipod and I’ve been listening to a bunch of different stuff. Old favorites, etc. Simon & Garfunkel, Neil Diamond, Dar Williams, Ryan Adams, Rufus Wainwright.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Single. Live alone. No pets allowed in my building.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) About 4 years ago, I said that my life goals were to sew a quilt, crochet an afghan, and knit a sweater. (I’m a modern traditionalist) I got stuck on the knitting thing and haven’t yet gotten to the other two. Maybe I’ll dedicate a decade to each? I really love all the 1930’s reproduction fabrics and want to make a vintage style quilt with those, someday.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I just knit my father a hat with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and fell in love with it.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Super heavy wool. It just isn’t practical for where I live. And it can be itchy.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? ??? I don’t know
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Um… I don’t know. I like to knit anything.
17. What are you knitting right now? A sweater for myself. A Cardi-Jacket out of The Urban Knitter by Lily Chin. A little purse for my niece
18. What do you think about ponchos? Cute. I’m short & wide so I have to be careful with anything that makes me look even shorter or wider. I like the shorter ones that some places refer to as capelets. But it’s still a poncho to me.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Any
21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes
22. How did you learn to knit? I took a class at a LYS.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Does it count if I started it and then undid it and put it back in the stash? Yeah… well… if you want to be technical then 5 months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Hmmm…. Another tough one. I don’t have one character that I love. I’m really like all the cute birdie & owls that seem to be popular right now.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
26. Is there anything that you collect? Not really any one thing. I seem to collect everything around me. I love anything vintage, a.k.a. old. Old books, Old linens, etc. especially 1920s-1940s